We’re proud to announce that Prospect Grove High School has earned Affiliate status with PACTT, the Pennsylvania Academic, Career and Technical Training Alliance!
An initiative of the PA Bureau of Juvenile Justice Services, PACTT aims to improve the services related to academics, vocational education, and career training offered by youth residential treatment programs like ours. The goal is to give these youths the resources they need to graduate from high school, and transition to either a postsecondary school/training program or the workforce.
The requirements for affiliation with PACTT are rigorous; we are one of only 57 agencies throughout the state to achieve the status. For academic institutions like PGHS, these standards include:
- Maintaining a curriculum aligned with Pennsylvania’s Core Academic Standards
- Ensuring the availability of certified Special Education teachers
- Meeting students’ IEP requirements
- Providing instruction through low youth-to-teacher ratios
- Developing a discharge portfolio for youth that indicates their progress toward completion of competencies
We’re honored PACTT recognizes the value and efficacy of the services we provide, and we’re excited about the new opportunities it will present us with to help equip our students for success.
PGHS’ staff and faculty worked very hard to get us here — we have so. much gratitude for them!
Learn more about PACTT here.